You can focus on your attention
YOU CAN FOCUS ON YOUR ATTENTION
Attention; It can be defined as the ability to recognize, perceive and concentrate on stimuli in the environment. Attention is a cognitive construct in which we can understand and react to related stimuli. With our attention skill, we can focus on a topic / person / situation.
When we can focus our attention on a particular stimulus, we use our ability to focus. The focus of one's attention on the goals so that the person can achieve what they aim at is the highest level of mental activity. When the person focuses on the points that he wants to concentrate and focus on, his perceptions and mental openness will be in the direction in which he focuses his attention. Providing our ability to focus using our attention skill is one of the ways to success.
Although it is a common occurrence to distract attention in daily life, it is possible to meet this situation as usual. It is not possible for the human brain to focus on all the stimuli in the universe due to the abundance of information / stimuli such as the development of technology, the digitalized global structure and the increase in the number of people. A person's ability to choose and intensify his attention and focus in the face of many stimuli is called focused attention. With focused attention, you will perceive information / stimulants faster, making it easier to go to your destination among hundreds of stimuli around you. Being able to focus attention is a skill acquisition that can be improved. Being able to pay attention to / focus on the work done for a long time may decrease the risk of making a mistake and increase the performance positively. To be able to focus despite distracting stimuli; people also contribute to processes such as psychological resilience, self-confidence, concentration, social relationship skills and time management.
So how can we focus our attention skills on the specific stimulus?
• Decide what you want to focus on by setting your goals,
• Identify distracting stimuli in your physical environment and, if possible, remove them from your area,
• Be aware of your thoughts / feelings / behaviours that will affect your attention during the day,
• Remind yourself of the situations you have previously achieved by focusing on possible anxiety and anxiety that may make you unwilling,
• Try to make complex stimulants that are tiring and intense to you plain and in order,
• Use different methods and techniques to collect your attention (reading, researching, speaking, writing, etc.)
• Plan time to be successful in the subject you are focusing on,
• Be sure to adapt to your plans and experience the pleasure of following your work,
• Observe how well you can adapt to your planning,
• Create social times where you can relax and spend time with yourself.