1. What is summer school?
It is an intensive education-training program held in summer.
2. Is Summer School compulsory?
It is optional. It is an education program that students who cannot take the course for various reasons and/or fail during the semester benefit from.
3. How can I learn the Summer School registration dates?
The information regarding the registration dates is included in the Academic Calendar: https://www.isikun.edu.tr/akademik-takvim
4. Where can I get information on the Summer School tuition?
Please check the pages of the Department of Financial Affairs. You can also find out by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Can we take courses from another university in the summer?
If the course you will take is not offered at our university, you can take courses as a special student if you meet the conditions indicated in the Course Registration Directive on our website: 14119_1_isik-universitesi-course-registration-directory_R2.pdf (isikun.edu.tr)
Special Student Status
ARTICLE 19 –
(1) Enrolling in the courses as a special student in other institutions is enabled by the application of the student, with the approval of the relevant administrative board of the University.
(2) Students who are enrolled in courses with special student status at other institutions in the fall or spring semesters must pay their tuition fees to the University.
(3) Students who are enrolled in courses with special student status at other institutions in the fall or spring semesters are subject to the restrictions in this directive.
(4) Students who are enrolled in courses with special student status at other institutions in the summer semester must pay their tuition fees to the institution where they take courses.
(5) Students can take a total of 18 ECTS credits from the courses offered in summer education in other institutions during the whole education period.
(6) Students can take a maximum of 18 ECTS credits in a summer semester at the University. in accordance with the provisions, you must apply to the academic unit secretary with a petition, get approval from the Faculty Administrative Board and pay your fee. Otherwise, your summer school education from another university will be considered invalid.
6. How are the courses to be offered determined?
Courses to be offered are determined by the faculty boards after an academic evaluation and are announced on the web page.
7. How many courses can I take in summer education?
You can get a maximum of 18 ECTS in one summer, with the approval of the academic advisor, in accordance with the legislation.
8. What should I do for an internship in summer school?
You need to contact the internship coordinator: email@example.com
9. Can scholarship students attend summer school?
Except for the students who are entitled to a semester merit-based scholarship, the amount you must pay for summer school will be at the same rate as the scholarship you receive when you are admitted.
10. How do I apply for Summer School?
The course fee is paid to firstname.lastname@example.org. Courses are selected on the E-campus and sent to the advisor's approval on the dates announced in the Academic Calendar. The registrations of the courses that are not approved by your advisor are considered invalid.