- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- Apply basic industrial engineering and operations research concepts, algorithms, solutions and implementations.
- Design and conduct experiments, and analyze and interpret data.
- Design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability requirements.
- Identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- Determine and implement the appropriate modeling approach for a problem's solution.
- Apply information technologies to the practice of industrial engineering.
- Develop algorithm specific computer programs for the proposed solutions.
- Know how to use spreadsheet programs, simulation, optimization and statistical software packages to analyze industrial engineering problems.
- Communicate effectively with team members and clients through both oral and written means and work ethic.
- Continue to develop in the field.