Logic Design Lab.Back
Logic design laboratory is an integral component of the logic design course, which is a fundamental part of the both electronics and computer engineering programs, focusing on number systems, boolean algebra, logic networks and their simplification: Logic design with gates. MSI and LSI technologies. Combinatorial circuits, sequential circuits. Counters, shift registers, arithmetic logic, memory and control units.
The experiments performed in this lab provide the students with the necessary skills to
- Represent numbers and perform arithmetic in bases 2, 8, 10, and 16.
- Encode symbols and numbers in binary codes.
- Add and subtract using 2's complement code.
- Evaluate and simplify logical functions using Boolean algebra.
- Represent logical functions in Canonical form and with AND, OR, NOT, XOR, NAND,NOR logic gates.
- Analyze and design combinatorial circuits.
- Simplify combinatorial circuits using Karnaugh maps.
- Implement functions with NAND-NAND and NOR-NOR logic.
- Analyze and design modular combinatorial logic circuits containing decoders, multiplexers, demultiplexers, 7-segments display decoders and adders.
- Use the concepts of state and state transition for analysis and design of sequential circuits.
- Use the functionality of flip-flops for analysis and design of sequential circuits.
- Logic Gates
- Introduction to Combinational Circuits
- Binary Adder Circuits
- Binary Adder - Subtractor Circuit
- Combinational Multiplier
- Design of Two-Level Circuits Using NAND and NOR Gates
- Incompletely Specified Functions Design.
- Karnaugh Maps
- Quine-McCluskey Method
- Combinational Circuit Design
Equipments (C.A.D.E.T breadboard, Hp Agilent 5421D Logic analyzer , Logic Probe)
C.A.D.E.T breadboard (8 channel logic monitor, 8 selectible logic switches, High & Low buffered logic indicators, Function Generator with continuously variable sine, square and triangle waveforms and TTL pulses, Triple output power supply offers fixed 5V DC supply plus two variable outputs: ±1.3 to ±15V DC )
Hp Agilent 5421D Logic analyzer (60 MHz, 4 MB MegaZoom deep memory standard)
Logic Probe (Power Supply: 5V (4.75V ~ 6.5V), 30mA~35ma, Frequency: 5Hz~40MHz, Input Signal: TTL or CMOS Level, Input Impedance: 400Kohm.