- Computer Networks
- Artifical Intelligence
- Computer Vision
- Data Mining
- Natural Language Processing
- Image Processing
Some research is also grouped under the Patterns Intelligence Lab, Robotics and Autonomous Vehicles Lab.
There are 8 teaching assistants helping the undergraduate courses. In total, there are about 25 graduate students in the department.
A breakdown of research areas according to faculty is follows;
- Ercan Solak: Chaos cryptanalysis, Natural Language Processing
- Olcay Taner Yıldız: Machine Learnign, Natural Language Processing
- Taner Eskil: Artificial Intelligence, Image Processing
- Emine Ekin: Software Verification
- Boray Tek: Computer Vision
- Ali İnan: Data Mining
- Ayşegül Tüysüz Erman : Wireless Networks