Our lively and developing Psychology club that has been established by our undergraduate students, organizes seminars, conferences film screenings and trips to other Psychology Departments in other universities every semester. You can reach to social and educational events and trips fromhere ulaşabilirsiniz.
Documentary/ Movie Screening: The Psychology Club holds regular documentary film and movie screenings.
Prof. Dr. Gülden Güvenç: Dealing ways for stress and mood. Şile Kadın Toplum Merkezi 4 July 2012, 13:30-15:00
Very different life styles and aspects are being discussed with the contribution of guest speakers that are being invited outside the University.Speakers Invited in the 2019-2020 Academic Year:
- 23 October 2019 - Formula of Happiness in Social Life Seminar – Psyc. Begum Karataylıoğlu
- 6 November 2019 - Who is the Therapist? What Does She/He Do? Seminar – Psyc. Cigdem Kose, PhD
- 21 November 2019 - Infrastructure of Deception and Jealousy in Relationship Seminar – Psyc. Cansu Yurtseven
- 11 December 2019 - Sport Psychology and Life Kinetics Seminar – Sport Psyc. Omar Ates
- December 16, 2019 - 5 Continents, 5 Summits, 1 Success Story in collaboration with Social Responsibility Projects Club: Nejdet Turhan Seminar
- 19 December 2019 - Well-Being Therapy Seminar – Psyc. Leaf Harmless
- 27 February 2020 - Healthy Mind Healthy People Seminar – Psyc. Esra Savaş, PhD
- 12 March 2020 - Conscious Social Media Usage Seminar in collaboration with PDM
- 28 April 2020 - Intolerance to Uncertainty Online Seminar in collaboration with PDM – Psyc. Ceren Oncel
- May 1, 2020 - Work and Worker Psychology Online Seminar - Eyyüb Ensari Cicerali, PhD, Faculty Member
- 3 May 2020 - Digitalized Psychological Counseling Online Seminar in the COVID-19 process – Psyc. Yesim Unal
- May 5, 2020 - Online Seminar on Eating Order and Sleep Problems in the Isolation Process in collaboration with PDM – Psyc. Gozde Ceylan
- 8 May 2020 - Understanding and Managing Anxiety Online Seminar – Psyc. Cumhur Amasyalı
- 12 May 2020 - Dealing with Graduation Anxiety Online Seminar in collaboration with PDM - Psyc. Gozde Ceylan
- 14 May 2020 - The Impact of COVID-19 on Communication Between Children and Parents Online Seminar – Psyc. Neslihan Koroglu
- 20 May 2020 - Patient and Patient Relative Psychology Online Seminar – Psyc. Serdar Vatansever
- 22 May 2020 - Psychological Effects of Social Isolation Online Seminar – Psyc. Aysegul Ugurlu
- 1 June 2020 - Sexual Violence Workshop (via Zoom) – Psyc. Emotion Buğa
2011-2012 Academic Year Guest Speakers:
- Deniz Tahiroğlu (Developmental Psychologiest, Oregon University): Development of Social Understanding. (21 December 2011).
- Dr. Tilbe Göksun (Post-Doctoral Researcher, University of Pennsylvania): 'Trading spaces'. (28 December 2011).
- Dr. Bahar Tanyaş (Psychology Department, Okan University): Narratives of migration: Ethnic, class, and gender identity of young Turkish migrants in the United Kingdom. (14 March 2012).
- Gizem Külekçioğlu and Nurgül Öztürk (Tarlabaşı Community Center): Tarlabaşı Community Center; in the context of migration and social policies. (4 April 2012).
- Müberra Yılmaz Şahin (Institutional Development Specialist, Institute of Behavioral Sciences): Institutional Development in Turkey. (2 May 2012).
- Dr. Dinkar Sharma (Department of Psychology, University of Kent): Negative affect, addiction and cognitive control. (9 May 2012).
- Cumhur Amasyalı (Psychological Counseling and Guidance Specialist, Işık University): Psychological Trauma and the Turkish Psychological Association's Trauma Unit Trauma Study Group Activity . (15 May 2012)
- Prof. Christopher Ellison (University of Texas at San Antonio, Department of Sociology): 'Religion, Marriage and Domesticity: Research Results and Impressions' (13 October 2010)
- Berk İnan Berkant, Ecem Dalgakıran (LAMBDAISTANBUL) and Arzu Soysal: 'LGBT
experiences' (27 December 2010)
Prof. Larry Nucci (University of California, Berkeley, Department of Educational Psychology): Prof. Nucci studies how advances in the fields of moral development and social development are applied in education. (19 April 2011)
- Prof. Elliot Turiel (University of California, Berkeley, Institute of Human Development): Prof. Turiel is working on the relationship between morality and culture, the resistance to unfairly perceived cultural applications and also in the fields of moral development and social development. (13 May 2011)
- Dr. Tahir Özakkaş: 'Hypnosis' (14 April 2010)
- Psk. Arzu Özev: 'The Art of Living and Stress Management' (27 April 2010)