Open Position in Department of Psychology, Istanbul, TurkeyBack
Işık University invites applications for at least two full-time Assistant Professor positions at the Department of Psychology. We seek scholars in cognitive, clinical or developmental psychology.
University, Department of Psychology
University invites applications for at least two full-time Assistant Professor
positions at the Department of Psychology. We seek scholars in cognitive,
clinical or developmental psychology.
- Işık University Psychology Department has programs both in English and Turkish. The Department also offers a Post Graduate Program in Clinical Psychology.
- There is an experimental research laboratory which consists ofa total of nine laboratories of differing sizes, including one dedicated to eye movement, another to more complex projects with a small-group. Others are for psycho-physiological studies. The laboratories are primarily intended for use in experimental psychology, and include PC equipment and CRT monitors (optimum for rapid stimulus presentation).
- For stimulus presentation and data collection, all lab PCs have E-Prime 2 Professional. This is the flagship version of the world's most popular experimental psychology software, and is relatively user-friendly. E-Prime is therefore available for use in suitable student research projects in the Senior Year. We also have a compatible response box, for use in projects that require very accurate response time data, vocal responses, or very fine control of stimulus presentation times (that use subliminal presentations).
- The Department also possesses a state-of-the-art Eyelink 2000Hz eye tracker, which is capable of very accurate measurement of eye movements and gaze direction. It is primarily used to study visual attention allocation and reading processes.
- Other funding resources for academic work are; A University Centre for Scientific Research (BAP).
- Işık University is located in Şile Campus in İstanbul, the global metropolitan of Turkey with daily direct flights to Ankara (the capital city) and other major European cities. The University also provides partial access to private health insurance.
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- PhD in cognitive or clinical psychology
- A significant record of publications, research funding
- A demonstrated ability to secure external research funding will be a strong advantage
- A body of teaching
- Faculty members are expected to maintain productive research programs
- Successful applicants are expected to teach both at undergraduate and level
Applications:The full-time applications will begin on the 9th of March 2015 and will be over on the 30th of May.
Applicants should submit
1) A cover letter,
3) Research statement,
4) Teaching statement
5) Contact information for 3 professional references to Gülden Güvençgulden@isikun.edu.tr, +90 216 528 71 80.
Review of applications will commence on June 1, 2015 and continue until the position is filled.
Inquiries about the department and university should be directed to Professor Gülden Güvenç, firstname.lastname@example.org +90 216 528 71 80. For more information, please visit the following
Department of Psychology website (http://www.isikun.edu.tr/en/academic/faculty-of-arts-and-sciences/departments-and-programs/psychology)
Clinical Psychology Graduate Program website(http://www.isikun.edu.tr/web/538-7957-1-1/isik_university/akademik/sosyal_bilimleri_enstitusu__programlar__yuksek_lisans/clinical_psychology_thesis__non-thesis_master_turkish)