- Can I renew my items online?
Yes. To renew items online, go to http://libser.isikun.edu.tr in our system and log in with your student number or registration number. Then you will be able to renew your items once and put items on hold.
- Can I bring my item back on the following business day if the return date falls on weekend?
No, because we are open on weekends, you need to bring the item back on or before its due date.
- How many books or DVDs can I borrow at once?
Students may borrow ten books and three DVDs at a time.
- I'm a student at Işık University; can I make a book request?
Of course, you can fill out the material request form and we will let you know when your requested items come into our collection.
- Who can make a material request?
Işık University faculty, students, and staff.
- How does the material request process work?
All requested materials must be approved by commision members.
- Will I be notified when my book comes in?
After the necessary process takes place, you will receive an email from the library notifying you that your book has arrived. After receiving this email, you will need to pick up your book from the circulation desk within three days.
- I have an unpaid overdue fee. Can I make a material request anyway?
Yes, you can.
- I'm a faculty member at Işık University; how can I make a material request?
You can fill out the material request form on our web site or you can send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- What should I do before making the material request?
You need to do a catalog search before you complete your request to make sure that our library doesn't already have that item.
- Can I also make DVD and Blu-ray requests?
Yes, you can.
- I'm a student in Maslak Campus; how can i make the request?
You can use the same method, filling out the request form.
- I'm a faculty member at Işık University; how can I make a course or research material request?
You can still fill out the material request form or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. But course or research materials do not wait for the commision's approval.
- Can I request an item if the library does not have the most up-to-date version?
Yes, you can.
- Will I be notified if my request is rejected?
Yes, you will be notified if your request is rejected.
- I am an Erasmus student; can I make a material request?
No, Erasmus students cannot make material requests.
- Where can I find the periodicals (journals, magazines, newspapers)?
You can find the latest volume of periodicals in the periodicals lounge.
- Where are the back numbers of the journals?
Back numbers are located in flip-open shelves inside the current issues of journals if the journal number is not more than a year old. If it is older than a year, you can find the back numbers in the shelves.
- Do you have daily newspapers in your library?
Yes, you can find daily local and international newspapers in the periodicals lounge.
- How can I use the copier machine located inside the library?
You need to buy a prepaid card from the Alternatif Stationery.
- Can I reach the back numbers of newspapers?
We keeplocal newspapers for 15 days and international newspapers for 30 days.
- Where can I findmagazine supplements?
Please contact the Periodicals Librarian. You can call 0(216) 528 7062.
- Can I borrow periodicals?
You may not borrow the current issue of a periodical. But you can copy pages from the periodical using the copier machine in the library. Back issues of certain journals may be borrowed, depending on the user's status. Please check our page on Loan Policies.
- Who is allowed to suggest a printed journal subscription to the library?
Işık University students, faculty members and administrative staff can make journal subscription suggestions.
- How can I get information aboutprinted journal subscriptions?
You can send an e-mail to the Periodicals Unit with your quesitons and suggestions or you can call 0(216) 528 7062.
- What sources I can use to find the journals?
The Serials Directory database or publisher websites will help you to find the journals.
- What if a journal appears to be available and I can't find it on the shelves?
We don't have all the periodicals on shelves because 96% of our periodicals are located in electronic databases. You can reach these periodicals inside or outside the campus at the following link [link].
- Is it possible to reach all the periodicals online?
No. Please check the E-Journal web site.