HSS Program Learning Outcomes
- Apply analytical and critical thinking skills to contemporary global issues.
- Describe the interrelationships between science, technology, and society.
- Describe the interrelationships between art, culture, and society.
- Explain the historical, political and economic conditions in which science and technology emerge.
- Explain the historical, political and material conditions in which art and cultural expression emerge.
- Analyze how modes of thought are shaped by socio-cultural, historical, political and economic variables.
- Apply discipline-relevant methods to HSS research assignments.
- Summarize and assess current developments in their subject area.
- Recognize ethical issues and social responsibilities in the contemporary world.
- Synthesize complex ideas in clear and concise ways.
- Generate creative solutions to local and/or global problems.
- Recognize relevance of coursework to personal experiences, lifelong learning, and job security.
- Demonstrate an ability to function on teams.
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively with written, oral and visual means.