Educational Objectives and OutputsBack Computer Engineering Department Self Task
"It is to train good engineers who have gained basic knowledge and competencies in software and computer engineering field (BÖ1), who can follow the developing innovations and sectoral requirements and develop themselves (BÖ2)."
Educational Objectives of Software Engineering Program
FMV Işık University Computer Engineering Department
- EO1: having the necessary skills for the performance of the software engineering profession, able to find jobs in national and international organizations;
- EO2: developing itself with the infrastructure and lifelong learning awareness suitable for doing postgraduate studies in computer sciences and related fields; graduate and vocational education;
EO3: capable of undertaking important and responsible roles in society, with a broad social understanding suitable for a responsible and satisfying professional life
aims to train software engineers.
- PO1. Adequate knowledge in mathematics, science and related engineering discipline; the ability to use theoretical and applied knowledge in these areas in complex engineering problems.
- PO2. Ability to identify, define, formulate and solve complex engineering problems; ability to select and apply appropriate analysis and modeling methods for this purpose.
- PO3.The ability to design a complex system, process, device or product to meet certain requirements under realistic constraints and conditions; ability to apply modern design methods for this purpose.
- PO4. Ability to develop, select and use modern techniques and tools necessary for the analysis and solution of complex problems encountered in engineering applications; ability to use information technologies effectively.
- PO5. Ability to design experiments, conduct experiments, collect data, analyze and interpret results for investigating complex engineering problems or discipline-specific research topics.
- PO6. Ability to work effectively in disciplinary and multidisciplinary teams; ability to work individually.
- POÇ7: Ability to communicate effectively in Turkish, both orally and in writing; at least one foreign language knowledge; ability to write effective reports and understand written reports, to prepare design and production reports, to make effective presentations, to give and receive clear and understandable instructions.
- PO8. Awareness of the need for lifelong learning; the ability to access information, to follow developments in science and technology, and to constantly renew itself.
- PÇ9. Acting in accordance with ethical principles, awareness of professional and ethical responsibility; information about the standards used in engineering applications.
- PO10.Information about business practices such as project management, risk management and change management; awareness of entrepreneurship, innovation; information on sustainable development.
- PO11. Information about the effects of engineering applications on health, environment and safety in universal and social dimensions and the problems reflected in the engineering field of the era; awareness of the legal consequences of engineering solutions.