- Psychological counseling is possible only with the patient's cooperation. The student should be willing to benefit from the service.
- An expert psychologist / psychological counselor will stop the relationship when he understands that he can't help or couldn't help to the student due to personal or professional conflicts of interest. In such cases, the expert psychologist / psychological counselor will refer the student to an appropriate expert. If the student does not want to go to the referral, the expert psychologist / psychological counselor doesn't have to continue the relationship.
- Privacy is a basic right in psychological counseling. All kind of information is kept private. Expert psychologists / psychological counselors act in accordance with ethical rules in the storage, transfer, and destruction of information obtained from a counseling relationship.
- If the patient constitutes a clear or imminent danger to himself or others, the expert psychologist / psychological counselor will endeavor to prevent this danger by taking a logical steps or informing relevant persons about this danger. In such cases, the expert psychologist / psychological counselor may exchange information with other experts.
- Al records related to the psychological counseling relationship (meeting notes, test data, correspondence, tape recordings, electronic data, and other documents) are not the property of the institution where the expert psychologist / psychological counselor works. These are used for professional purposes and can't be disclosed to others without the counselor's permission.
- When information obtained from a counseling relationship is used for educational or research purposes, the relevant client's ID is kept confidential.
- The expert psychologist / psychological counselor informs client during or before entering a counseling relationship about aims, goals, techniques, counseling process rules, and limitations which may affect the relationship.
- An expert psychologist / psychological counselor may exchange views with a colleague authorized in relation to his patient about professional aspects.
- An expert psychologist / psychological counselor doesn't enter into a counseling relationship with a person who is in a relationship with management, as monitoring or evaluation possibilities limit his objectiveness; in such cases, he will refer the person to another counselor. However, if there are no other options, and if the person's situation needs counseling assistance, the counselor should consider entering into such a relationship.