Frequently Asked QuestionsBack
- Are industrial engineers required in Türkiye?
Yes. Industrial engineers are needed in Türkiye a lot. In small enterprises, decisions are made according to experience and intuition. These methods become adequate while the small enterprises growing. For instance, Türkiye had a bank crisis recently. In environments that have many variables, it is essential to make decisions based on scientific methods and analytic considerations. Industrial engineering is the ideal profession to supply such a want due to training education they received.
- Which sectors do industrial engineers work?
Industrial engineers can work various kind of sectors both public and private sectors such as manufacturing, transportation, aviation, health, banking and commerce.
- Do industrial engineers earn a good salary?
Yes. Industrial engineers receive a high level salary. There is competition between enterprises; therefore they hire industrial engineers to make system work efficiently. Because of the demand for industrial engineers the salary level that they receive is high.
- What kind of factors has considered in Işık University Industrial Engineering Department curriculum?
Curriculum of IŞIKIE is created to train people who can make decisions which are crucial for strategic planning in every sector in Türkiye and abroad, develop models and have analytical perspective, and qualified in mathematic s, computer science, operations research and statistics .After basic training, there are various department elective courses in senior class to major on field of professional interests.
- In globalization process there is a cutthroat competition in not just Türkiye but whole world. Will the students that graduate from your department be able to contribute to Turkish companies in this competition?
Yes. Both theoretical and practical training has considered in industrial engineering curriculum. Practices are all realistic. Practices are relevant to real problems in every sector of Turkish economy. We have a relation with companies for both internships and graduate thesis. We care about our students can plan systems and make decisions about real life industrial problems. Therefore; we train students who can
• Generate mathematical models of systems,
• Solve these models with mathematical, statistical and computer skills,
• Imply them on real systems.
Briefly, we train students that turn out real solutions to real problems of economy.
- Is the English education in Işık University adequate for engineering? Can I join a graduate school abroad?
In IŞIKIE we have industrial engineering education in international standards. In graduate school applications, the education level is important. Students who are insufficient in English will be educated as preparatory student first. Then, when they achieve the minimum level they will start undergraduate education in faculty. Graduate schools ask you to have examination scores of TOEFL to prove your English level regardless of which university you graduated.
- What kind of documents is required to be registered?
See the student affairs web page.
- Do your students get jobs by their own? How does the university help them? Can you give some examples?
The advisors of every student and other instructors consult them about their careers. There are career days that the university's organizes. Yet, the important thing that matters to get a job is achievements during studying, hobbies, creations; for short, how they add value to their career and improve their selves during education period.
- Where do graduated students work on ? How many of them registered a graduate school in abroad? Are you able to offer job opportunities to your students?
Check the Aumni link of our web page. See the video that which the students tell about their careers.
- What double major programs opportunities in Industrial Engineering Department?
The other engineering departments and the departments that accept students with quantitative scores. Other departments approve the double major programs.
- What minor programs are offered by IŞIKIE?
There are two kind of minor programs in IŞIKIE.
i) Operations Research Minor Program,
ii) Industrial Operations Minor Program
You can check the website for details. Minor programs are available for all departments.
- Are the all courses in 4 year education program, after preparatory school, in English?
Except Turkish and History courses, all courses are in English.
- What is the language of instruction in Industrial Engineering Department?
Courses in IŞIKIE are in English.
- Hello. I am a second year high school student and I want to be an Industrial Engineer. But I can't understand what kind of environment will we faced in factories? Besides, what is the opportunity to work on private sector? Lastly, Is it a good job to provide a good career and life standard? Thank you.
It is nice to hear you want to be an industrial engineer. In factories from raw material purchasing to sales department, there are various kind of field to industrial engineers work for. Industrial engineering is a profession that optimizing all systems, therefore industrial engineers are able to work in every sector not only in factories. Just the success is up to you.
- Do vocational high school students choose industrial engineering department?
- Does Işık University accept students with special ability examinations?
School of Fine Arts accepts students. It is in Maslak campus, in Turkish and last in 4 years.
- Can you inform me about scholarships and conditions about them?
You can check the website for detailed information.
- What are the courses in the first year of Industrial Engineering Department?
You can see the IE web site to check courses.
- How many years will take to be an industrial engineer and which school should I graduate?
It is necessary to graduate from industrial engineering departments to become an industrial engineer. IŞIKIE has education for 4 years. Students who are insufficient in English study in preparation school firstly.
- When did Işık University established?
Işık University was established in 1996 by the Feyziye Schools Foundation (FMV) that has provided non-profit primary and secondary education since 1885. FMV is one of the oldest educational foundations in Türkiye.
- I want to be an industrial engineer but I wonder if I can have double major in business administration. Thank you.
There is an opportunity to have double major between Business Administration Department and Industrial Engineering Department.