Faculty of Engineering
Computer LiteracyThis study plan aims to help you develop your computer literacy skills and to explain the assessment procedure. Subjects and assessment tools will be similar to those of the European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL) Foundation. You are expected follow online course material, study the subjects by yourself and, at the end of the semester, pass a computer-based test.
SubjectsThe subjects cover the first 7 modules of the ECDL Syllabus 5.
- Computer essentials
- Online essentials
- Word processing
- Using databases
- IT security
Computer-based testTime and place of the tests will be scheduled by the Registrar's Office. You will answer multiple- choice questions. Students that answer 70% or more of the questions correctly will pass the test. Wrong answers will not cancel right answers. The test will be on common personal computers (PCs). Software referenced in the test questions will be installed on these PCs and you will be free to use these software during the test. However, there will be no internet connectivity. The test is prepared by the Faculty of Engineering. However, since the subjects are similar to ECDL's exam, you may want to solve their sample test for practice. An English version is available here. A Turkish version is available here.
- E-books that are available through Safari Books Online membership of the library.
- How to Pass ECDL for Microsoft Office 2003 by Paul Holden and Sharon Murphy, from Prentice Hall.
- ICDL Exam Cram 2 (Syllabus 4.0) by Mike Gunderloy and Susan Sales Harkins, from Pearson Certification.
- Pass ECDL 5 Units 1-7 by Flora R. Heathcote, O. H. U Heathcote, Pat M. Heathcote, Mr R. P. Richards and Alex Sharpe, from Payne-Gallway.
- Bilişim Teknolojileri by Prof. Dr. Hüseyin Uzunboylu, from Pegem Yayıncılık.