Graduate Program of Industrial Engineering-Operations Research (IEOR)Back Aim and Scope of the Program:
• Current developments in production and service operations require a
work force that can effectively use Industrial Engineering and Operations Research techniques to improve efficiency and productivity. This program is designed to establish and enhance students' skills at an advanced level.
• In a similar fashion,
program is designed to aim such problems academically by preparing
graduate thesis, academic papers, research projects and establishing industrial relations.
Notes for prospective students:
• Program is offered in two options: With thesis or without a thesis.
•Students who choose to follow the thesis option, besides presenting and defending their theses, should fulfill at least 21 credit hours of course load and should be enrolled in the non-credit mandatory seminar course.
• Students who choose to follow the non-thesis option should fulfill at least a 30 credit hour
work load and should finish one graduate project.
• Lectures of the program are held in the Maslak campus. Classes start at 18:00 and
ends at 21:00. Weekend classes start at 9:00 and
ends at 12:00.
• All graduate classes are offered in English. The thesis and graduation project should also be written in English.
• Applicants without the minimum required industrial engineering academic background should be asked by the review board to carry out a preparatory program consisting several undergraduate courses.
• Official transcript copies of past undergraduate degrees.
• Two recommendation letters (ideally from past academic instructors or employers)
• Minimum TOEFL-IBT test score of 70.
• Applicants are encouraged to submit GRE scores to support their applications (especially when seeking financial support)
• All other requirements of Graduate School of Sciences should be met as well.
Tuition, Fees and Financial Support:
• Full and partial tuition waivers are available based on academic merit and success.
• Up to date information on tuition and fees can be found on Institutes Web page.